Thursday, October 13, 2011

Revolutionary Prisoner responds to BAsics 3:16

This is one of a series of letters from "those the system has cast off" responding to a challenge issued by Bob Avakian.  Here is the link to many more responses from prisoners, youth, and others: http://revcom.us/a/247/voices-of-those-cast-off-by-system-en.html



TX, Sept. 12, 2011

Dear Revolutionary Family,

I first started getting into trouble with the law when I was five or six and I’ve been in jail, on probation or parole, or “at large” for the past fifty years; I learned early this system holds no hope for me nor should I hold any hope for it. And yes, I’ve tried to play it straight and follow the rules, but you know the game is rigged so there must be a steady percentage of losers in order for the “house” to stay afloat. I have “Enemy of the State” tattooed across my breastbone because I came to realize I’ll never be one of the lucky few Bob Avakian spoke about in BAsics 1:11 who manage to slip through the meat grinder of this capitalist system.

I have come to believe Bob Avakian and the Revolutionary Communist Party are the only true friends of we who are forced to live beneath the belly of the beast. Everyone else blames us for our circumstances: We don’t wear our pants at the proper height, or our hair’s too long (or too short)- all these hoops we must agree to jump through in order to succeed in life- and these are all excuses why we failed and the system didn’t. And it’s all a pack of lies!


The truth is the government won’t save us regardless of how we dress or act. Jesus won’t save us no matter how often we pray; nobody is going to save us from this predatory system if we refuse to rise up from the muck and save ourselves. To hope and pray (and vote!) for an 11th hour rescue from above, divine or otherwise, is quite simply a fool’s errand.

But it’s not necessary for us to live like swine, focusing all our energies on muscling our way up to the trough so we can scarf up more than our brother and sister swine. It’s possible to lead a life of dignity and respect- a life with real meaning!- outside of the framework of the present system by dedicating our lives to something greater than ourselves: genuine communist revolution.

I’ll be in superseg until I’ve finished this 25-year-sentence in late 2014, but as soon as I’m released you can be certain I’ll be dedicating the remainder of my life to getting the word out about Bob Avakian and the Revolutionary Communist Party because, frankly, nothing else has as much meaning.

I have nothing but love for my brothers and sisters: Black, white, red, yellow, or brown; and I envision a world in which we truly treat each other like the brothers and sisters we are.  But I know that world will never come to pass without revolution, and so I’m sending out a plea to everyone who really cares and has the courage to hope (not Obama hope- which is bourgeois hope- but genuine revolutionary hope), please focus on supporting the Revolutionary Communist Party and the truly amazing work of Bob Avakian.  If you think about it, I believe you too will find nothing else has as much meaning.
Together we will make it happen...

Yours for the revolution!

P.S. Hope you’re able to use this heart-felt letter to promote your most excellent cause. I have nothing at the present time but empty words and a deep and abiding love, but I’m forever at your service.

read more letters: http://revcom.us/a/247/voices-of-those-cast-off-by-system-en.html

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Sunsara Taylor at 8:43 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com